Alright, guys, take a break from donating for now. Right now we have 3 bonus chaps in queue and we are looking to clear it by the end of this week. Let’s wait until then~
Author: noodletowntranslated (Page 1 of 16)
Alright, 2 bonus chaps + 1 regular delivered. Thank Mitchel for both bonus chaps, cuz this dude subscribed to our patron package HTK Mega Fangirl Pack twice…
And ya, thanks to all the patrons, HTK will be releasing 3 regular chaps per week for August.
Here’s a short announcement before the site goes down later again after we release a HTK.
- With the new ads and chapter split changes, we were able to add 1 additional core to our server, so things should be better now.
- With a few chaps in stock, our weekly release is stable now. Now, please help us vote on a date you guys want the weekly releases : Vote Here
- To clear up some confusion about the last announcement, sorry we were not clear, we meant that we will be able to clear the next 3 bonus chaps in queue within 36 hours. In addition, we want to thank you guys for being patient with us as we sort things out and find a system that works to help HTK get back on track, so we will be lowering all future bonus chap prices by 10$.
- You can check out our Patron page to see how you can increase regular chapter release rate or get early access.
- Next HTK chap will be released as soon as Fish Balls finishes editing it. Aka today or tomorrow.
Alright this is the result
The winner is………… release more you fags. ok. ok. i c u. ok guys.
About the same amount of people chose release 2 chaps on same day or separate days as of 1:03AM eastern. We will be releasing the two chapters on separate days, so you will be getting the first chapter earlier than having to wait till both chapters are ready.
A little update on Noodletown, I hired a number of translators for GDN (about 5 chaps done per day), so they will be working for Qidian in my place while I do some content-edit for them for free. And then I will save the rest of the time for HTK. We are also going to split the normal chapters into 2 parts released at the same time (each counts as 0.5 of the 2 weekly release) so we can get more ad money to:
- pay for better server
- potentially paying my GDN team money to do HTK, so we can also pump out HTK like a butthole doing the diarrhea
Hope you guys understand my decision. or u know, fight me irl bro.
actually dont do that, just leave a comment and we can discuss. k bai
Thank you guys for your patience. Since I couldn’t find more translators for HTK since its free, I found more translators for GDN, so HTK will slowly recover now cuz me and Black Bean Sauce will translate more of it
The next two HTK Chapters have been posted on Patron
It will be released after the editors gives me the final green light. Cuz now its yellow. cuz we asian.
The 2 chapters for this week will be out tonight.
A lot of things happened in the past couple of days, and I am a little confused on what really happened that caused the negotiation between WXW and Qidian to fall through. I guess we will just wait and see how everything unfolds in court.
Please excuse the tone I used on my last post as I was yet to realize the seriousness of this issue and still joked about it. If I learned one important thing from this whole debate, and it is to release more HTK and leave the two corporate giants to solve things between them. It’s almost impossible to learn the actual truth for us outsiders due to the NDA, so we will let the law decide who’s just.
Anyways, we will continue to make sure that HTK is released twice every week regularly, will work late hours to stock some up and will discount the bonus chapter price starting next week to speed up overall release
Lastly, let’s just keep the comments free of “fck your mom” type of remarks since insults won’t get us anywhere. We do encourage discussions and fact-checking questions. Please understand my initial bias towards Qidian, as our working experience are mostly pleasant, there was no threats/warnings towards Translators that were claimed by other people. I mean, if you are working on novels with occasional donations and someone comes along saying, we want to buy all your past chapters, and pay you the bonus chapter price (approximate) for every chapter from now on, there really wouldn’t be any need for threats/warnings. After all, I want to continue to make my way through university without my parents’ support, and also be able to put my employment experience with an industry giant on my resume.
Summary of what happened: they broke up. now Qidian wants to go to law for divorce and WXW is talking sht to her friends about her ex.
I posted on NU: http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/here-are-some-facts-from-working-with-qidian-noodletown.37863/ Don’t make me look like a loner plzz and comment. just comment your honest opinion
I just want to get some facts out there for you guys so you can think about whether you are taking the right side:
1) 200 old chapters to 4000 American Kaching Kaching Qidian bought the 200 chapters the Galactic Dark Net (ik, its just an ok novel, im getting bored translating it now but dw i wont stop though, and i will negotiate with author for better ending of the novel). Anyways, they bought these 200 chapters for $4000 USD. Like why, I would honestly give it to them for free, but they said they want to thank us for our hardwork in the past. I think any translating groups can verify that Qidian even offered to pay for the old chapters to be used on their site.
2) USD$35-40 base rate pay per chapter Right now Qidian is paying me $40 per chapter. In the future, they will enable ads and share that revenue with translators and editors as well.
3) Survival of this community I don’t think it depends on WXW or Qidian, but the translators and editors. It’s important to get their point of view on which environment they would like to work in and who they like to work for. Believe it or not, WXW is also a corporate-like entity, and it actually represents China’s pirate style more vividly than Qidian lol. You guys should all know which side owns the copyrights. The Chinese authors of these books we all love entrusts Qidian to protect their rights, and you guys should really ask how much WXW is paying those Chinese authors for their hard works.
4) Slave? More like sugardaddy: you set your own quota. Being the lazy bum you guys know, noodletown sometimes don’t have stable release speed cuz of exams and stuff. In those cases, I would just msg the qidian guy on wechat and let him know. You know, the quota stated on my contract is 5 chapters per week, and I actually never once met the quota until summer started a few weeks ago. I wasn’t fined or anything. Qidian just does contracts with translators to maximize stability, but there is a lot of flexibility.
5) No quality no pay? NO SHT IF YOU ARE PAYING SOMEONE 40$ TO TRANSLATE, DO YOU WANT QUALITY? But its not that strict. My translation of GDN’s quality is so bad that my editor wants to cry whenever he edits, but I’m still getting paid. For it to be rejected, it probably have to be at google translate level and Qidian can’t use. If Qidian cant use it and have to find someone else to translate, then why pay the translator? You guys want quality too right?
6) WXW’s Claim: the material they are using is honestly the very first draft of Qidian’s contract. So ya, if you are gonna talk in 2017/05/24 i think you should talk about the contract that’s being used right now between Qidian and its translators.
7) Opinion on WXW: I honestly feel that WXW is just trying everything to ensure that it can still make the same amount or more money like old days, without having to pay anything for the copyrighted material they are using. But you know how many people make fun of China using pirated shit without copyright, and you see how easy it is to side with the pirate’s side? But this time i honestly don’t get why, because both sides offer free sht. I like how he keeps mentioning somethings cannot be mentioned due to NDA, if he really cares about some NDA stated by Qidian’s contract, why is he still using Qidian’s novels, doesn’t it seem sketch to you guys?
8) Opinion on Qidian: keep the money coming. It’s not even the readers’ money they are paying us, but their own investment. Readers still gets to enjoy free chapters, while Qidian invests heavily to make sure apps and sites are optimized. Honestly, what had Qidian done to you guys that so many ppl want to shit on them and blindly follow WXW? Both are free mangggg, now we just have to look on the legal and rational side.
Conclusion: 8 is a lucky number so i will stop there. Ask any questions about the translator’s perspective and i will reply.